Nederland, Noord-Holland, AmsterdamRestaurant VESSEL
Are you ready to work on the transformation of our brand-new Vessel menu?
As we just welcomed our new Executive Chef Freek Dekker, who believes in the power of sharing food and always aims to create the best guest experience! We can describe our new menu as a world cuisine, with pure flavors, quality products, where the shared dining concept will connect, entertain and letting enjoy all Vessel-table-guests.
For our restaurant Vessel, we are looking for a passionate, hands-on Sous Chef who will be a part of the leading team besides the Executive Chef.
Restaurant Vessel is located in our award-wining hotel Boat&Co, that is located at the Houthavens with a beautiful view on 't IJ.
As our Vessel Sous Chef you will be the second in command in the kitchen, following our Executive Chef’s specifications and guidelines.
Our ideally candidate will “lead by example”, has a creative mindset and loves to play a critical role in enhancing and maintaining our Vessel guests satisfaction and creating the ultimate “wow” factor.
- Lead by example!
- Help in the preparation and design of all (seasonal) food menus
- Produce high quality plates
- Ensure that the kitchen operates in a timely way that meets Vessel’s quality standards
- Fill in for our Executive Chef in planning and directing food preparation when necessary
- Resourcefully solve any issues that arise and seize control of any problematic situation
- Train and manage kitchen staff, establish working schedule etc.
- Order supplies to stock inventory appropriately
- Comply with and enforce sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and guests
Is this your ID?
- 2+ years of experience as a Sous Chef
- Understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment, and procedures
- Excellent record of kitchen and staff management
- Accuracy and speed in handling emergency situations and providing solutions
- Fluent speaking in English and/or Dutch
What’s in it for you?
- A flat structured organization where you make an impact from day 1
- An annual in-house experience and a Friends & Family rate in our hotels
- A competitive salary
- The opportunity to be part of a fast-growing hotel group with plans to conquer the world
- Some team outings you’ll (never) forget…
Then apply now!
City ID is a fast-growing hotel owner and operator currently based in Amsterdam. Our specialty is developing apartment hotels suitable for short and longer stays. Quality, craftsmanship and eye for detail are central to our ambitious organization.Our hotels distinguish themselves by their design and level of comfort. Every hotel’s interior design is unique and connected to the location of the hotel, creating the ultimate local experience.
If you have any other questions, please send us an email