Nederland, Noord-Holland, AmsterdamCITY ID HQ
City ID is seeking an Analyst to join the organisation at this exciting time as we embark on our next major growth stage. We are looking for someone who is passionate about the hospitality real estate market and seeking to join an entrepreneurial, forward thinking, hospitality focused team of senior professionals. We do prefer a candidate who also has specific experience within the hotel industry.
About City ID
We are City ID, a fast-growing and award-winning hotel group based in Amsterdam. Our specialty is developing apartment hotels suitable for short and longer stays. Quality, craftsmanship and eye for detail are central to our ambitious organization.
Our apartment hotels offer fully equipped design apartments with the benefits of hotel services and amenities such as beautifully designed gym & wellness areas and restaurants serving seasonal food. Every hotel’s interior design is unique and connected to the location of the hotel, creating the ultimate local experience. A key focus for all hotel buildings is the incorporation of innovative sustainability solutions at every guest touchpoint.
Together with shareholders APG and Aware Super, we are implementing our strategy of international growth. We share the passion to create a distinctive hotel platform where the guest experience is central. The goal is to develop more than 15 new hotels in the next 5 years across prime European cities, such as London, Dublin, Paris, Berlin, Lisbon, Barcelona and Milan. We are therefore in the process of further strengthening our team.
What sets us apart as employer is the drive, ambition and mentality of our teams combined with the people focus and growth opportunities in our company.
In your role you will cover all aspects of acquisition and asset management activities, including market research, financial underwriting, transaction due diligence and execution and asset management reporting.
You’ll be working closely with and reporting to the Director of Acquisitions and Investment as well supporting the wider team.
- Support the organisation with detailed analysis into global travel / lifestyle trends within the hospitality space
- Micro analysis of core target markets covering local economy, supply and demand trends, competitive environment and investment trends
- Market intel gathering and internal reporting to assist team members to make fast decisions on forthcoming leads
- Supporting the research to assess specific transactions
- Detailed financial appraisal of target opportunities
- Performing sensitivity and scenario analysis
- Support with evaluating internal benchmarking from existing platform to constantly improve target assessment
- Support development team with creation and management of construction estimates and timings
- Support finance team with project cashflow forecasting and shareholder reporting
- Responsible for continuous updating of financial models throughout the project lifespan
- Support team members throughout the execution stages to include data room analysis, due diligence support / management and preparation of internal shareholder investment documents
- Assisting executive team with ‘one-off’ strategic projects to aid the development of the organisation
- Where necessary assisting in the preparation of board / management reports
Is this your ID?
As part of the Acquisition & Investment team we are looking for a candidate that can think on their feet, bring positivity and is excited to be joining a young and ambitious organization.
Next to this you;
- Are an analyst with a dedicated background in Feasibility/Finance modelling within the hotel industry;
- Are adaptable to the environment, entrepreneurial and undertake a myriad of tasks at the same time;
- Share a passion for hospitality and real estate;
- Are a resilient problem solver;
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills;
- An excellent business user of MS Office software including Word, Powerpoint and Excel;
- Confident to work independently as well as being a key team player;
- You have a degree in hotel management, real estate or finance;
- Are fluent in English and ability to speak other languages is an advantage;
- Living in The Netherlands, or you are willing/able to move here.
With a Very-Nice-To-Have:
- Previous experience in Cash Flow Model and financial statements. Good understanding of debt and equity modelling;
- Experience linking sets of data together using Excel and be comfortable with advanced use of Excel;
- Experience with data analytics and visualization tools;
- Experience working in hotel and/or real estate sectors.
What’s in it for you?
Next to our informal and people-first-work-atmosphere we offer you:
- A flat structured organization where you make an impact from day 1;
- Next to your salary you’ll also take part in an incentive-scheme;
- Taking part in a pension scheme including a generous contribution by us;
- Flexibility in terms of working from home/other locations;
- A yearly in-house experience and Friends & Family rate;
- Some team outings you’ll (never) forget…
Send us your ID!
Did we trigger you to apply for this vacancy? Then send us your CV and motivation letter to and we will get back to you!