In-house Legal Counsel
Nederland, Noord-Holland, AmsterdamCITY ID HQ
We’re looking for our first in-house legal counsel to join our fast-growing team of CITY ID!
We’re expanding throughout Europe and therefore we are looking for an international legal counsel, who’s hands-on and understands what a soon-to-be international organization needs to put in place from a legal perspective.
The position will be fulltime and based in our Amsterdam head office.
ABOUT CITY ID
We are City ID, a fast-growing and award-winning hotel group based in Amsterdam. Our specialty is developing apartment hotels suitable for short and longer stays. Quality, craftsmanship and eye for detail are central to our ambitious organisation.
Our apartment hotels offer fully equipped design apartments with the benefits of hotel services and amenities such as beautifully designed gym & wellness areas and restaurants serving seasonal food. Every hotel’s interior design is unique and connected to the location of the hotel, creating the ultimate local experience. A key focus for all hotel buildings is the incorporation of innovative sustainability solutions at every guest touchpoint.
Together with shareholders APG and Aware Super, we are implementing our strategy of international growth. We share the passion to create a distinctive hotel platform where the guest experience is central. The goal is to develop more than 15 new hotels in the next 5 years across prime European cities, such as London, Dublin, Paris, Berlin, Lisbon, Barcelona and Milan.
What sets us apart as employer is the drive, ambition and award-wining mentality of our teams combined with the people focus and growth opportunities in our company.
WHAT DOES YOUR JOB ENTAIL
Being our first in-house legal counsel means you’re in control of the full scope of all legal affairs within City ID.
You’ll be managing, coordinating, reviewing and drafting all legal documents whilst creating a legal foundation for our international growth. Next to this you’ll also work on acquisitions and transactions – consulted and supported by external advisor(s). As future signings will be part of our growth – we’ll be building an in-house legal team in time to support this.
So, it’s a versatile job with both hands-on - as well as legal decision making - elements.
Your responsibilities will be focusing on – but will not be limited to – the following activities:
- Negotiate, draft and/or review of LOI’s, MoU’s, SPA’s in the context of international real estate acquisitions;
- Negotiate, draft and/or review all types of development contracts;
- Managing permits with - and contact to - local governments;
- Review of general commercial contracts in relation to the daily operations of our hotels;
- Responsible for compliance matters incl KYC procedures and GDPR;
- Liaison with external lawyers in international context;
- Contract management.
IS THIS YOUR ID?
- You are a dynamic, self-starter with experience within the real estate / hospitality sector and you have at least: A master’s degree in law, preferably with a focus on real estate;
- Around 5-8 years of relevant work experience as an inhouse lawyer or attorney-at-law with an international law firm. Proper experience in the real estate sector is a requirement;
- You have experience with commercial contracts and data privacy;
- You are a pragmatic self-starter with great organizational, analytical and communication skills;
- You have an entrepreneurial mind-set, interested to take on a broad legal role.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
Next to our informal and people-first-work-atmosphere we offer you:
- A flat structured organization where you make an impact from day 1;
- Next to your salary you’ll also take part in an incentive-scheme;
- Taking part in a pension scheme including a generous contribution by us;
- Flexibility in terms of working from home/other locations;
- An annual in-house experience and a Friends & Family rate in our hotels;
- The opportunity to be part of a fast-growing hotel group with plans to conquer the world;
- Some team outings you’ll (never) forget…
SEND US YOUR ID
Did we trigger you to apply for this vacancy? Then send us your CV and motivation letter and we will get back to you!