Finance Manager Growth
Nederland, Noord-Holland, AmsterdamCITY ID HQ
City ID is hiring for a brand new position: Financial Manager Growth. Amongst other responsibilities, this role will support the CFO and Acquisition team to acquire our new apartment hotels throughout Europe.
This is a very interesting period to become part of our entrepreneurial team. We are not only working on new hotel projects, but also preparing the 'backbone' of the organization in the field of processes and systems. A financial candy store! Due to the anticipated growth, you have the opportunity to further shape your role and to develop yourself.
We are City ID, a fast-growing and award-winning hotel group based in Amsterdam. Our specialty is developing apartment hotels suitable for short and longer stays. Quality, craftsmanship and eye for detail are central to our ambitious organization.
Our apartment hotels offer fully equipped design apartments with the benefits of hotel services and amenities such as beautifully designed gym & wellness areas and restaurants serving seasonal food. Every hotel’s interior design is unique and connected to the location of the hotel, creating the ultimate local experience. A key focus for all hotel buildings is the incorporation of innovative sustainability solutions at every guest touchpoint.
Together with shareholders APG and Aware Super, we are implementing our strategy of international growth. We share the passion to create a distinctive hotel platform where the guest experience is central. The goal is to develop more than 15 new hotels in the next 5 years across prime European cities, such as London, Dublin, Paris, Berlin, Lisbon, Barcelona and Milan. We are therefore in the process of further strengthening our team.
What sets us apart as employer is the drive, ambition and mentality of our teams combined with the people focus and growth opportunities in our company.
Great! We would like to tell you more about the role of our Financial Manager Growth. Your financial business development efforts contribute to building our brand, winning proposals and increase efficiency in our DD’s. Together with the Acquisitions & Development teams you provide financial input to their acquisition models and to their made financial assumptions.
The Finance team will consist out of a CFO, a Financial Manager Growth, a Finance Manager, a Controller (1 FTE) and the financial administration (2.4 FTE). You will report to the CFO. Together you develop the strategy for the finance department in the context of the international roll-out of City ID and you implement it with the team. We are actively preparing for -and at the same time executing- its growth plan.
What your job entails
As our Finance Manager Growth you will be on top of all financial workstreams in relation to the growth of the Company. You will furthermore;
- Actively contribute to growth activities, e.g. financial/ tax DD’s, assumptions review/ input in acquisition models;
- Support to attract and negotiate new finance arrangements from finance perspective;
- Ensure compliance with financing agreement(s), e.g. covenant reporting, management reporting, etc.;
- Arrange funding; utilization requests banks and shareholder capital calls;
- Conduct treasury management, e.g. interest hedging;
- Proactively analyze relevant market data and translate these into relevant insights, opportunities, thought leadership and actions;
- Conduct and support in business valuations;
- Assist the CFO in ad-hoc requests/ analysis/ workstreams/ projects.
Is this your ID?
- Relevant education at university level;
- 4 to 5 years of relevant work experience within M&A, Treasury or consultancy;
- Excellent MS-Office skills, especially in Excel and Power point;
- Good command of the Dutch and English language, orally and in writing;
- Strong analytical and strategic skills;
- Result-oriented, self-starter, decisive;
- Convincing personality with a business-like attitude that gets the organization moving and makes things happen.
What’s in it for you?
In addition to the pleasant and informal working atmosphere, we offer you the following:
- A flat organization where everyone's ideas are valued.
- In addition to a competitive salary, you will receive a share of the profit every year.
- We like flexibility: both in the schedule and the bootcamp and yoga classes we offer.
- City ID is a rapidly growing hotel group with plans to conquer the world. Working together with our professional and experienced team, there are plenty of opportunities to develop with.
- An annual in-house experience and a Friends & Family rate in our hotels.
- Staff drinks and outings to (never) forget.
Send us your ID!
We are very curious about who you are. Tell our HR team all about your identity and hopefully we will see you soon!