Nederland, Noord-Holland, AmsterdamCITY ID HQ
City ID is looking for a versatile Finance Manager to support the CFO and to manage the day-to-day finance activities. Are you an experienced, hands-on finance professional who enjoys working in a broad context and who wants to continuously improve financial performance, procedures and systems together with a team? Then you've come to the right place at City ID!
This is a very interesting period to become part of our entrepreneurial team. We are not only working on new hotel projects, but also preparing the 'backbone' of the organization in the field of processes and systems. A financial candy store! Due to the anticipated growth, you have the opportunity to further shape your role and to develop yourself.
We are City ID, a fast-growing and award-winning hotel group based in Amsterdam. Our specialty is developing apartment hotels suitable for short and longer stays. Quality, craftsmanship and eye for detail are central to our ambitious organization.
Our apartment hotels offer fully equipped design apartments with the benefits of hotel services and amenities such as beautifully designed gym & wellness areas and restaurants serving seasonal food. Every hotel’s interior design is unique and connected to the location of the hotel, creating the ultimate local experience. A key focus for all hotel buildings is the incorporation of innovative sustainability solutions at every guest touchpoint.
Together with shareholders APG and Aware Super, we are implementing our strategy of international growth. We share the passion to create a distinctive hotel platform where the guest experience is central. The goal is to develop more than 15 new hotels in the next 5 years across prime European cities, such as London, Dublin, Paris, Berlin, Lisbon, Barcelona and Milan. We are therefore in the process of further strengthening our team.
What sets us apart as employer is the drive, ambition and mentality of our teams combined with the people focus and growth opportunities in our company.
Great! We would like to tell you more about the role of our Finance Manager. Due to our fast-growing organization, the continuous improvement of the daily finance activities and the development of business analyzes and internal and external reports is at the top of our agenda, including through the optimization of our new software. As mentioned, you have the opportunity to further shape the interpretation of your role and to develop yourself.
The Finance team will consist out of a CFO, a Finance Manager, a Financial Growth Manager, a Controller (1 FTE) and the financial administration (2.4 FTE). You will report to the CFO. Together you develop the strategy for the finance department in the context of the international roll-out of City ID and you implement it with the team.
What your job entails
As our Finance Manager you will oversee the output of the finance team and are responsible for the day-to-day accounting, controlling and the compliance matters of our operational hotels. You will furthermore;
- Become the right-hand and sparring partner of the CFO and actively contribute to optimizing the strategy, effectiveness and productivity of the finance department.
- Be involved in the continuous improvement trajectories, in which we develop from current level to multi-national.
- Monitor the financial position of the company, signaling undesirable developments or deviations from budgets/forecasts.
- Support in the preparation of (power point) presentations for discussions with shareholders, banks and other external parties.
- Analyze financial information and giving advice to board and management.
- Be responsible for the planning & control cycle, risk management, periodic financial reports, internal cost settlements, balance sheets, profit and loss accounts, budgets/budgeting, cash flow, annual accounts and multi-year plans.
- Ensure the optimization of financial processes in the recently implemented VISMA.net software.
- Be responsible for the audit contact and coordination, including creating position papers on key accounting topics.
- Further improve business controlling and – analysis, including project controlling.
Is this your ID?
- Relevant education at university level.
- 6 to 10 years of relevant work experience within financial and business control.
- Excellent MS-Office skills, especially in Excel and Power point.
- Good command of the Dutch and English language, orally and in writing.
- Strong analytical and numerical skills.
- Result-oriented, self-starter, decisive.
- You have leadership qualities, you know how to develop and motivate employees.
- Convincing personality with a business-like attitude that gets the organization moving and makes things happen.
What’s in it for you?
In addition to the pleasant and informal working atmosphere, we offer you the following:
- A flat organization where everyone's ideas are valued.
- In addition to a competitive salary, you will receive a share of the profit every year.
- We like flexibility: both in the schedule and the bootcamp and yoga classes we offer.
- City ID is a rapidly growing hotel group with plans to conquer the world. Working together with our professional and experienced team, there are plenty of opportunities to develop with.
- An annual in-house experience and a Friends & Family rate in our hotels.
- Staff drinks and outings to (never) forget.
Send us your ID!
We are very curious about who you are. Tell our HR team all about your identity and hopefully we will see you soon!