Development Manager (Real Estate)
Nederland, Noord-Holland, AmsterdamCITY ID HQ
City ID is seeking to hire an experienced Development Manager (Real Estate) to join the Acquisition & Development team and play a key role in driving the next phase of growth for the organisation across some of Europe's most exciting cities.
ABOUT CITY ID
We are City ID, a fast-growing and award-winning hotel group based in Amsterdam. Our specialty is developing apartment hotels suitable for short and longer stays. Quality, craftsmanship and eye for detail are central to our ambitious organisation.
Our apartment hotels offer fully equipped design apartments with the benefits of hotel services and amenities such as beautifully designed gym & wellness areas and restaurants serving seasonal food. Every hotel’s interior design is unique and connected to the location of the hotel, creating the ultimate local experience. A key focus for all hotel buildings is the incorporation of innovative sustainability solutions at every guest touchpoint.
Together with shareholders APG and Aware Super, we are implementing our strategy of international growth. We share the passion to create a distinctive hotel platform where the guest experience is central. The goal is to develop more than 15 new hotels in the next 5 years across prime European cities, such as London, Dublin, Paris, Berlin, Lisbon, Barcelona and Milan.
What sets us apart as employer is the drive, ambition and award-wining mentality of our teams combined with the people focus and growth opportunities in our company.
As Development Manager, you are co-responsible for the development of new apartment hotels for our hotel group in key cities in Europe. These can be turnkey developments or developments whereby we manage the development ourselves. You will work closely together with the Acquisition team and the Concept & Design team to build a sustainable portfolio of City ID hotels. Your task is to manage developments from concept to completion! In doing so, you ensure that the predetermined project targets are achieved.
- Manage developments from initiative to realization and delivery;
- Manage budget, time and quality to ensure that desired project outcomes & objectives are delivered
- Engaging and managing internal project teams and external professional consultancy teams during the development process;
- Preparing and closing various consultancy and construction contracts in corporation with (external) lawyers during the development process;
- Working closely together with the internal Concept and Design team to define and execute interior concepts;
- Preparing and presenting periodic reports (budgets, resources and realized targets).
- Assisting the acquisition team during the acquisition phase by preparing development budgets and managing the technical Due Diligence process
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with developers, contractors, consultants, and other relevant parties
- Managing the delivery of a comprehensive tender package for main contractors and separate packages for specialist contractors;
- Monitoring and reporting on contractor’s or developers progress against the contract programme;
- Maintain project documentation, programs, master budget and manage risk registers during the project.
Is this your ID?
As part of the Development team we are looking for a candidate that can think on their feet, bring positivity and is excited to be joining a young and ambitious organization.
Key qualities we look for include:
- More than 6 years’ experience in real estate development and / or project management;
- Experience with managing large commercial real estate developments - ideally within the hotel sector;
- Existing and relevant network across Europe;
- Able to lead and collaborate with creative and technical teams and confident to work independently as well as being a key team player;
- Ability to get into details without losing the bigger picture;
- Entrepreneurial and driven to get the best out of a project;
- Extensive experience managing budgets for large construction projects
- Excellent communication skills;
- Highly organized;
- Fluent in English and ability to speak other languages is an advantage;
- Excited to travel frequently throughout Europe.
Send us your ID
Did we trigger you to apply for this vacancy? Then send us your CV and motivation letter and we will get back to you!